In electro-acupuncture, acupuncture needles are placed at specific points on the body and then a low-frequency electric current is passed through them. This electric current stimulates nerves and muscles and can help improve blood circulation, reduce pain and inflammation, and improve the functioning of organs and body systems.
Electroacupuncture is used to treat a wide range of diseases and conditions, including:
- Chronic pain, such as back pain, neck pain, arthritis and migraines
- Neurological disorders, such as insomnia, anxiety and depression
- Digestive problems, such as constipation, diarrhea and gastric reflux
- Female problems, such as premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and infertility
- Skin problems, such as acne and eczema
Electroacupuncture is generally safe and effective. However, as with any treatment, there are possible side effects, including:
- Mild pain at the site of the needles
- Bruising or bleeding
- Dizziness or fatigue
Electroacupuncture is usually performed by a trained acupuncturist. Treatment usually consists of several sessions, each lasting between 30 and 60 minutes.
In Iran, electro-acupuncture is recognized as an official treatment method by the Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Education.
Here are some of the benefits of electroacupuncture:
- Effective in treating a wide range of diseases and conditions
- Safe and limited side effects
- No need for surgery or drugs
- Affordable cost
If you are looking for a natural and effective treatment method to improve your health, electroacupuncture can be a great option.
What is electric acupuncture?
Electro-acupuncture is a treatment method in which electric current is used to stimulate acupuncture points. This treatment method is based on traditional Chinese medicine, which believes that vital energy or “chi” flows through the body through pathways called meridians. Obstruction or disturbance in the flow of qi can lead to disease.
Dr. Alireza Baghai
Specialist in pain control
From 17 to 21
Superspecialized pain control and treatment clinic
Types of electro acupuncture
Electroacupuncture is not recommended for the following people:
- Pregnant or lactating women
- People who have heart disease, stroke or other serious diseases
- People with an active infection
- People who are allergic to needles or electric current
The cost of electro-acupuncture
The cost of electroacupuncture varies depending on factors such as where you live, the experience of the specialist and the type of treatment. In general, electroacupuncture is a cost-effective treatment method.